Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Nalgene bottles

I've been really bad at updating this thing....
There are so many stories, but not enough time to write them.
There are a lot of things that I want to remember, but after talking on Skype and sending some emails, I never have the motivation to write in my blog.

On my way to my new apartment today I saw a Domino's pizza. I thought that was pretty funny to see here, but I though...I might want to get pizza from there sometime...if I ever miss home...not that Domino's is in any way the best pizza from home...
I looked at their website today and noticed they didn't have any prices and all of the pizzas are different! They don't have just simple cheese, sausage and peperoni pizzas. They have all of theise crazy pizzas with stuff I've never even heard of, and even one with raclette cheese. Oh, Switzerland...

It cracks me up the random things that are different here than in the US.

THe other day I brought my Camelbak water bottle in to work...it's one of the ones with the straw attached to the lid...pretty standard nalgene-type water bottle. My coworkers stared at it like it was the craziest thing they'd ever seen.
Today I stopped at my new apartment after work and ran into my coworker Marco at the Oerlikon train station....we were taking the same train. We were sitting across from each other and all of a sudden he starts staring at my work bag. He sees my water bottle attached with a caribeener and has this quizical look on his face. He asked if that was made especially for the water bottle. I told him in the US everyone has water bottles that they hook onto their backpacks, gym bags, etc. He said he'd never seen anything like that but that it was "sehr praktisch." :-)

I swear I should open up an REI in Zurich. I'd make a gold mine on bike/ski gear...and caribeeners and nalgene bottles...

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, I find it really interesting as well how many little things differ between the U.S. and Switzerland. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Glad to discover yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a blast reading your blog...I really need to keep up with mine...I'm new to this whole thing. I'm glad I'm not the only one who finds all this random stuff in Switzerland so funny. :-)
    Your comment about the loud nose blowing...so true!!

    ReplyDelete